A purchase order is a request for product to replenish inventory.
- For each manufacturer, you can setup the system to automatically select which vendor to order from. If you are manually entering an order, you can override the automatically selected vendor.
- You can manually enter a product to order, or you can have the system generate an order based on the products' minimum quantities.
- When entering an individual order, you can order a product for a specific customer and/or for stock.
- You can create a special order for a customer with multiple products to a specific supplier. For example, for a spa order you can order the spa, cover, chemicals, etc. as a group.
- Before printing a purchase order, you have the opportunity to change any of the quantities, or remove products.
- You can insert a purchase order when you are receiving the inventory in Payables.
- Add product on-the-fly when entering manual order.
Here is an overview of the inventory control cycle: